It’s that time of year again when Glee starts back. Premiering Thursday 26th September; Glee returns with a special Beatles two-parter. Myself along with many others are still mourning the loss of Cory Monteith who played our beloved quarterback, Finn Hudson. These first two episodes will serve as a light introduction to season 5, with episode 3, reportedly entitled ‘The Quarterback’ (both the position Finn played in the football team and the role he had within the Glee club) directly dealing with Cory/Finn’s death, acting as a tribute to the 31-year old. Rumours of songs appearing in the episode are surfacing on the net, but nothing is confirmed and doubt it will be. There’s no doubt about it, 5×03 will be a difficult episode to watch, but I imagine very moving.
For now; here are my favourite 5 songs from the Beatles tribute:
1) Yesterday – Performed by Rachel Berry
2) Here Comes The Sun – Performed by Santana Lopez & Dani (Demi Lovato)
3) Let It Be – Performed by New Directions, Santana & Rachel
4) Drive My Car – Performed by New Directions
5) A Hard Days Night – Performed by Rachel Berry & Santana Lopez